What Are Soft Skills And How It Fuels Brain Development?
Soft skills can be defined as personal characteristics or traits of an individual. It is pretty easy to learn about hard skills, on the other hand, it is equally difficult to inculcate soft skills. The reason being they are abilities that differ from person to person. In today’s scenario, soft skills have an important weight, similar to hard skills. The earlier you inculcate soft skills in children, the better it is for their brain development and personal growth.
How Can You Encourage Kids To Help Brain Development With Soft Skills?
The earlier you start, the better. Kids have an amazing capability to pick things or get an idea of objects when they little. In other words, they have a strong grasping power which should be taken into an advantage. The more you feel them in the right direction, it indirectly affects their brain development and helps them transform their lives into successful paths. Learning is an aspect that first starts at home. You can engage them in different activities that fuel their brain into working more and thinking smart. Reward them with praise whenever they successfully accomplish a task. Once they reach schooling age, you can put them into after school activities that help them explore different opportunities other than simply studying.
The 6C’s To Brain Development- Part Of Soft Skills
– Communication: This aspect covers reading, writing, speaking and listening. With the advancement in technology, communication has been hampered. Hence, it is important to keep a check on the screen time of kids and never let them use phones while dining. Engage them in communication.
– Content: Focus on a life long learning rather than simply cramming lessons. Kids always love exploring new skills and developing new interests.
– Critical Thinking: This aspect involves reflecting on the content. Sit back and encourage your kids to ask questions. Read books with them and help them with any queries or doubts.
– Creative Innovation: Once your kids get an idea of a subject, they would be interested to be creative and make something new. Help your child to let them play games independently. For example, if you get them a new toy, do not show them how to use it. Let them discover it themselves. For a fun side, they may even use them in a completely different manner than you ever imagined.
– Confidence: This is the final C that will help in channeling your child’s brain development. Teach your kids that it is okay to fail no matter what. Help them rise above failures. Praise and appreciate your child for the efforts they put in rather than achieving success or failures. If you praise them for their efforts, that will encourage them to try harder next time since you are only focused on their efforts.
This article gives readers an overview as to how soft skills can help brain development in kids. It also focuses on the six C’s which are crucial for the development